Orangery Roof Blinds
As a design feature lantern roofs are becoming more and more popular in orangery's, conservatories and home extensions, allowing light to flood into your extra living space, whilst achieving this it does present its own set of problems.
- Heat build up (especially in summer)
- Unavoidable glare which will have an effect on watching TV and reading
- Heat loss in winter
Our revolutionary roof zip blind will help resolve all of these problems. Discreetly housed in a cassette at one end of the roof, the fabric will glide across the roof space at the touch of a button until it is fully covered, reducing glare and heat making your living space much more comfortable
2 stylish cassettes at either side, a unique zip welded onto the edge of the fabric, specially designed plastic inserts inside of the 2 side channels along with a motor and a strong spring unit keep the fabric tight so as to avoid unsightly sagging.
The fabrics come in 2 main categories and a range of colours:
- Screen fabric (will filter light in gently but will stop glare and heat build up)
- Blackout fabric (Will not allow any light to enter, perfect for cinema rooms)
The hardware (cassettes and side channels) come in white as standard but can be powder coated to any RAL colour.
The blind is powered by a 'Somfy' motor via a handset or wall switch and can even be programmed into a timer.
Orangery Roof Blind Video
Why Choose A Zip Roof Blind?
- Perfect management of heat gain and loss
- Control of light and glare
- Simple to operate
- Ideal balance of light and style